Helping a family meet an immediate or seasonal need with a small, simple donation helps bring stability, easing the burden of homelessness and allowing the family to focus on more important long-term goals.
If you have goods you hope to donate, please email Rebecca Staple at email@example.com in advance of delivery due to space constraints at our program sites and office. We cannot accept gently used or other in-kind donations without prior approval.
Here are our most current needs (donations should be in-season and brand new):
- Any item(s) on our Amazon wishlists.
- Grocery store gift cards (Safeway, Giant, and Target)
- A “Family Bin”: one 29-gallon plastic bin with lid, filled with laundry detergent, toothpaste, toothbrushes, body wash, floss, portable shower caddies, bath towels (optional), and hand sanitizer
- Brand-new strollers and car seats
- Baby teething toys, stroller toys, and baby floor gyms
Items We DO NOT Need:
- Stuffed animals
- Used toys or books
- Broken or incomplete toys
- Dolls that are Caucasian and do not reflect the population of children we serve
- Board games
- Used clothing or uniforms
Please consider donating clothing items at a MetroAid Bin near you. MetroAid gives a portion of funds raised through sourcing and selling donated clothing to Playtime.
And we always appreciate general monetary donations, which allow us to meet the needs of new families and children coming into shelter.